AUMC Curriculum Resources & Recommendations
Welcome to Arborlawn's resource library and recommendation page. We hope you find this resource helpful when planning studies for yourself and your groups. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help.
Leader Tip: Some things to consider when choosing a study
- Is this within the spectrum if United Methodist theology?
- Can a non-seminary trained person lead/teach/facilitate the study?
- Does this study have the potential to move people to deepen their faith?
5 SUGGESTED AREAS OF STUDY EACH YEAR:
Bible based studies - Examples - Immersion Bible Studies, For Everyone Bible Study Guides by N.T. Wright, Short-Term Disciple Studies
- United Methodist history, beliefs and organization - Examples - Three Simple Rules, What does it mean to be United Methodist, The Wesley Challenge
- Spiritual Disciples/Living the Spiritual Journey - Examples - The Good and Beautiful Series, Happy: What it is and How to Find it, The Jesus Priorities
- Topical studies on life and social issues - Examples - Living Fully, Dying Well, Confronting the Controversies, Sticky Faith Parenting, Fear of the Other
- Theological studies – Who is God and how does God work? - Examples - Why?: Making Sense of God’s Will, What’s so Amazing about Grace?, Restored: Finding Redemption in the Mess